Tenant Introduction serviceIdeal for the ‘hands-on’ landlord who wants the security of letting their property to professionally referenced and credit checked tenants but who is thereafter happy to deal with all the day-to-day letting activities including collecting the rent, responding to emergency repair requests and answering general enquiries, once the tenancy begins. The landlord will also be responsible for carrying out the "Move Out" inspection as well as dealing with any dilapidations.
The service includes meeting with you at your property, providing a rental valuation and offering advice and guidance as required (this service is provided free of charge and with no obligation to engage Preferential Properties Ltd as your agent).
When you decide to proceed we will:
- Provide specialist advice on the various landlord and safety regulations.
- Select tenants, carry out key-accompanied viewings, take a holding deposit, obtain comprehensive references and deal with any negotiations.
- We will often have suitable waiting tenants but where this is not the case we will advertise the property, as necessary, including uploading full details of your property (with photos and floor plans) to this website. We will also, with your permission, erect a To Let board outside your property to raise awareness and generate interest.
- Prepare and execute a suitable tenancy agreement in accordance with current legislation.
- Check the tenant in to the property
- Record all meter readings and carry out the transfer of council tax and utility service accounts.
- Collect and hold as stakeholder with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (if required) the security deposit and pass on the first month’s rental fee (after deduction of our fees).
- Set up a standing order with tenants chosen bank account to facilitate the on-going collection of rental payments by you, the landlord.
- Contact you at the end of the initial tenancy period to acertain your requirements in respect of the on-going renewal of the tenancy.